A list of what’s been going on inside the office:
- I’ve written my next piece for Real Housekeeping, about kids’ books. I had a lot of fun writing it, and I hope you’ll have a lot of fun reading it in the June edition! I’ll post here when it’s live.
- I’ve also begun working on my next piece for RH, about keeping a well-stocked pantry so you can make many delicious meals quickly. This will go up in July.
- I’m taking a look at the novel I started, and abandoned, for NaNoWriMo 2014. I know there’s a germ of an idea here, but I can’t seem to get it to grow appropriately.
- I’m toying with ideas for the last section of the memoir. I’m at a point now where strictly chronological writing isn’t serving the style, and it’s not as important as it was in the beginning. So I’m dealing with several themes that I want to incorporate. Among these in importance is my discernment process with a monastery (obviously, that didn’t work out, but it was still pretty pivotal in my life), and the church work I’m currently doing. I’mg going to scratch out some ideas in my notebook about this and see what comes of it.
- I’m also thinking about going back to The Artist’s Way and doing the morning pages again. I hear so many other writers talk about how pivotal this is in their development that I feel like I’m missing something by not doing them. I do journal but that’s at the end of the day, usually.
Have you made any progress in your creative projects? Let me know in the comments!